Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bank Charges

[I knew I was struggling to make ends meet lately, but it didn’t help that as I opened my mail, I found my statement showing I had incurred bank charges!] [This is outrageous; I mean I didn’t have enough money in it, why do the banks take it into minus, an easier option all round would be to just reject the card! ] [I researched the charge on the net, and found to my amazement, that even if they hadn't taken my account into minus, and just rejected it, I would still have got charged! ] [This is profit the banks are making on absolutely nothing. After research myself, I wanted to be armed with knowledge before I contested the bank charges with the bank. I realised there are many people out there who have had the same bank charges and are trying to fight the banks to claim it back.] [In order to claim these monies back, I had to dig out all my documentation/statements for more than a year ago! I found out I could claim back up to 5 years worth! ] [There was no way I was going to have statements still in one piece dating back 5 years! But it would be well worth trying to get them, as I’m sure I’ve paid various other bank charges in the past. ] [In order to get my statements I would have to write to the bank requesting this, then write again after requesting the money; if they refused I would have to take them to court….] [This was proving to be too much hassle, but to my joy, I found there are companies out there that will do all this for you. Right from the onset, they will sort you out. And what's more they operate on a no win no fee basis…. What more could I want!?] bank charges

No comments: